My favorite fish tacos in the entire world are at a place called Blue Water Seafood Market and Grill in San Diego. They are amazing. They are simple tacos cooked perfectly every single time. So when I make fish tacos at home I’m always a bit underwhelmed. That was until I discovered fish marinaded in lime juice and Sriracha
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love these SUPER EASY tacos. The marinade is simply lime juice, lime zest, Sriracha, salt and pepper. The fish marinades in jiffy. I actually prefer a shorter marinade time as it accentuates the fish versus overpowering it. From marinade to table, these tacos can be made in a little over an hour.
- 1 pound white fish (preferably halibut)
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (use a mild oil like canola)
- Ginger Lime Mango Slaw
- In a bowl whisk together lime juice, lime zest, sriracha salt and pepper.
- Add fish and marinade for 1-3 hours.
- Remove fish from marinade.
- On medium to high heat add oil to a frying panl. Add fish skin side up. Cook for 4-3 minutes and gently flip. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from pan and flake fish into chunks.
- Server with tortillas, Ginger Lime Mango Slaw and sliced radish.
I serve these tacos with a most AMAZING Ginger Lime Mango Slaw and sliced red radish. The fish and the slaw are sooooo good together. And the best part of these tacos is that they are really really really….REALLY diet friendly. Each taco is less than one hundred calories. LESS than 100 calories folks!!!! That leaves you room for chips AND a margarita!
I’m also going to put this out there, these taste great cold. I’ve taken leftovers to work. I like my co-workers. I want them to like me. Heating fish in the communal microwave is a sure fire way to eject myself from my co-workers good graces. So I’ve eaten these tacos cold, they were still delicous.