A Green Apple Spinach smoothie is GOOD HEALTH in a glass. Apples + Spinach = major vitamins, nutrients and anti-oxidants.
The benefits of apples include:
- a ton of fiber, which is good for digestion.
- stabilize blood sugars
- vitamins including Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Riboflavin and Vitamin B6
- minerals including calcium, iron, magnesium, Manganese, Iron, Potassium, Copper and Zinc
- anti-oxidants including polyphenol as well as flavonoid
- a whitening effect on teeth
The benefits of spinach include:
- flavonoids — the anti-cancer properties abundant
- neoxanthin and violaxanthin which help regulate inflammation
- anti-oxidants including vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and seleniumne
- one cup of spinach contains over 337% of your daily vitamin A that helps fight acne and wrinkles
- one cup of boiled spinach provides over 1000% of your daily vitamin K that helps strengthen the density of your bones.
I love this smoothie not only for its health benefits but also for its clean and fresh taste. Yes, even on a cold January day in Chicago.
1 green apple
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can substitute unsweetened coconut milk or soy milk)
1 tbs honey (you can substitute your favorite sweetener such as agave, Splenda or sugar in the raw)
1 lime juiced
1 cup Spinach
makes one serving
Core apple and chop (leave on skin). Juice lime. Add the reset of ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.