There are just some days that I don’t feel like cooking…with a flame. This salad is PERFECT for those types of days. If you don’t like shrimp you can use just about any protein that you like. But I think the shrimp keeps this salad light yet filling. Its perfect for dinner on a hot summer night or for lunch.
Greek Salad with Shrimp
- Yield: 4 HUGE Salads
- 1 fresh lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 1 lb salad shrimp
- 6 sprigs of dill (chopped)
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 8 cups of mixed green lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, toss lettuce, tomato, cucumber, scallions, dill, feta cheese and kalamata olives.
- Dress tossed salad with the juice of one squeezed lemon and olive oil.
- Plate salad and top with shrimp Salt and pepper to taste.
This salad travels well for lunch though you should be kept cold and you should keep the salad dressing on the side until you are ready to eat.