I always thought that making pizza was time-consuming and difficult until, on a whim, I decided to purchased premade pizza dough a few years ago at Trader Joe’s. Lickety split I had a hot, fresh and delicious pizza. Since then, I have been trying different topping and flavor combinations from Goat and Red Pepper to Egg, Tomato, and Fresh Basil.
Croque-Monsieur is one of my favorite sandwiches so why not make a pizza from those great toppings? And why not add my own twist – making it healthier? I substituted honey dijon sauce for bechamel sauce and added fresh pears and thyme. The result is a unique twist on pizza. This Ham and Swiss Cheese Pizza with Dijon Sauce is creamy, cheese, salty and a little bit zippy from the honey dijon sauce. You will love that that the prep work is less than 15 minutes for this pizza. Oui Oui!Print
Ham and Swiss Cheese Pizza with Honey Dijon Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup light Swiss cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices deli ham (cut into 1″ squares)
- 1/2 pear (sliced thin)
- 3 springs fresh thyme
- 1 pizza crust dough or 9″ premade pizza crust
Honey Dijon Sauce
- In a bowl whisk honey, dijon mustard, mayonnaise.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out and pre-bake pizza dough until partially baked (5-6 minutes at 400 degrees). Remove crust from oven and let cool for 3 minutes. If using a premade crust, skip this step.
- Spread olive oil evenly on crust.
- Place ham on pizza crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese and thyme.
- Place pears slices evenly on pizza.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes (or until cheese is melted and begins to brown)
- Let pizza rest for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle with honey dijon sauce. Slice and enjoy.
Check out some of my other favorite easy pizza recipes:
Be sure to save this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.