This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias The walking taco is otherwise known as “un pedacito de cielo ” or in English “a little slice of heaven.” Seriously folks, the walking taco is THE perfect salty snack food. Taco toppings served in a bag of corn chips, accompanied by a plastic fork, can you think of anything better? Me neither, which is why I’m serving them up for the forthcoming Big Game. Did you watch the games this weekend? Whoa, another crazy week in football. February 7th is going to be good! Enough about football, back to these delicious tacos because these are not ordinary walking tacos. Nope, they are walking tacos taken to a new level with chipotle crema and the most amazing taco meat. No canned chili plopped on chips here. This walking taco has a spicy aromatic taco meat that perfectly combines with a tangy and rich chipotle cream. Lettuce and tomatoes take the heat down a bit. And cheese, well cheese just makes everything awesome. Because I’m making an elevated taco I use La Morena pickled jalapeño peppers and chipotles in adobo sauce because they taste authentic. I also value that they are all natural and preservative free. I know that walking tacos are not the epitome of health food, but any time I can use all natural preservative free products I will.
- 1 pound ground beef1 7 oz can La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce reserved1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and diced2 cloves garlic2 tablespoons crushed Mexican Oregano1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper3 tablespoons ground cumin1 La Morena pickled jalalpeno, diced1 head iceberg lecture, shredded2 tomatoes, diced2 cups shredded cheese1 can of La Morena sliced Pickled Jalapeños.6 snack bags corn chips
Chipotle CremaRemove chipotle peppers from can, reserve adobo sauce.In a blender add pepper and creama or light sour creamBlend until smoothTaco MeatIn a hot pan, brown beef for 5 minutes stir frequently. Drain fat.Add jalapeños, herbs and spices. Cook for 3 minutes.Add reserved adobo sauce and mix until combined. Use about a 1/4 cup of water to remove any adobo left in can and add water to meat. Bring to a simmer.Walking Taco ConstructionOpen bag of chips. Add 2-3 tablespoons of meat.-2 tablespoons of cheese.Add lettuce and tomato.Add a piece or two of the pickled jalapeños.Top with chipotle cream.Enjoy!
This recipe is very easy to make. But here are few tip for easy making and serving:
- I use La Morena pickled jalapeño peppers and the adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers plus a few other ingredients to make the taco meat. It is a zillion times better than any taco seasoning packet out there. The chipotle crema simply uses La Morena chipotles blended with crema Mexicana or light sour cream. There result, the best dang walking taco you will ever eat.
- Make a taco bar. I like to serve these with chips and guacamole. If your guests want a healthier version they can then make a taco salad using all the same ingredients.
- Help your guests with a sign that provides step by step instructions for optimal walking taco construction.
- Encourage guest to mix everything up.
- Since I’m making Mexican Food inspired by San Francisco’s Mission district for the Big Game, I’ll shop for all my ingredients at Tony’s Finer Foods. They have a great selection of hispanic food. I found both the pickled jalapeños and the chipotle peppers for this recipe in the Hispanic Foods isle.
So, what are you serving up for football games this year? Will walking tacos now be on your menu? FYI, Check back Thursday for my cheater Margaritas. They pair perfectly with these walking taco and are a sinch to make.