I’m always looking always for ways to make my favorite foods healthier without sacrificing taste, texture or flavor. Below are 10 of my favorite 100 calorie food swaps.
- Drink a glass of water in between each cocktail. Both your hips and liver will thank you.
- Substitute lettuce leaves for a tortilla wrap
- Skip the chips with your sandwich and eat fresh cucumber slices sprinkled with sea salt and pepper.
- Make a taco/burrito salad instead of a eating 3 tacos or a burrito. Mix 2 TBS salsa with 1 TBS light sour cream for a quick and delicious dressing.
- Swap you bagel for an English Muffin.
- Eat salsa with chips instead of guacamole or eat guacamole with fresh vegetable chips like jicama or bell peppers. Do not eat fresh vegetables with salsa, I mean you need to live a little.
- Have a side of fruit instead of potatoes with your breakfast omlette.
- Swap out your mayonnaise for yogurt
- Slather your bread with a teaspoon of jelly versus a tablespoon of butter
- Eat popcorn versus chips
What are you favorite calorie saving strategies?