I love kale chips as an alternative to potato chips. They have great flavor and they are zillion times healthier than any deep fried chip. They always satisfy my need for a salty crispy snack.
These kales chips are easy to make with just olive oil, salt, and kale. If you want to spice things up you can season with garlic powder, chili powder or a touch of cayenne.Print
Baked Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of Kale, stems removed and cut into pieces
- 1 tbs of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl mix oil and kale making sure each piece of kale is coated with a thin layer of oil.
- Place on baking sheet. Do not overlap kale.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from baking sheet.
Store in an airtight container.
Cooking Tips for Baked Kale Chips
1. Make sure to only use the leaf of the kale. The stems are hard and do not get crispy.
2. Make sure each kale chip is coated with oil evenly. You can mix in a bowl or use a plastic bag and shake.
3. The chips should no overlap on the baking sheet. If they are overlapped, they will take longer to bake and will not be crispy when the majority of the chips are done.
Check out some of my other favorites snack recipes:
Be sure to save this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
This post was originally posted September 2010. It was updated December 2017 for accuracy.