This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
Wow…what a crazy weekend in Football. If the playoffs are this good I can only imagine how entertaining the Big Game is going to be. What goes better with a good football game? Snacks! Yes, you’re going to need some awesome snacks to eat while watching the Big Game in Febraury.
This Hunt’s Fire Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Dip with Toasted Cheese Rollups is prefect for game time snacking.
Here is the formula: Canned fire roasted + Fresh Red Peppers + Your Broiler + Fresh Bread + Cheese= Addicting Tasty Snack
While I will apologize for them being totally addicting, won’t apologize for how super easy this snack is to make. Did you see the formula 4 ingredients in total.
And by adding fresh red roasted peppers (see Tip #3 Below…IT IS AWESOME!!!!!) you get super sweet yet tangy dip. Fire roast Hunt’s Tomatoes + Fresh Roasted Red Peppers = Delicious Dip that you can’t stop eating.
Fire Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Dip with Toasted Cheese Rollups
- 1 can Hun't Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Optional
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 package of cheese slices you can mix up the type of cheese you use too
- 4 tablespoons butter or cooking spray
De-seed and remove piths from bell peppers. Place peppers on broiler tray. Optional, you can drizzle oil oil on the top which will help with charing.
Broil for 5 minutes or until they are charred on top.
In a blender, add on can of Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes and roasted red peppers. Blend until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Remove crusts from bread
With a rolling pin, flatten bread.
Place a slice of cheese on bread and roll tightly.
In frying pan on low heat, spray with cooking spray or melt butter.
Place roll-up in pan and grill moving rollup every 2 minutes until brown.
Place on plate and serve with dipping sauce.
This recipe is easy to make. But here are my tips for successful execution:
- Remove crust from bread.
- Roll both horizontally and vertically.
- THIS COOKING HACK AWESOME!!!!! Make fire Roasted Red Pepper by using fresh bell peppers in your broiler. No need to buy expensive canned peppers. Just clean them and Boil. Voila! SO much easier than firing up the outdoor grill and much less expensive than buying them pre made.
- Use different kinds of bread and cheeses for variety. I like to use wheat and wheat bread with seeds and nuts as well as provolone and Munster cheese.
- Tightly roll the cheese and bread together.
- Cook rollouts a few at a time. They can be made in advance and reheated in the oven too.
- Shop for all you ingredients and you local Walmart. You can get everything from canned goods to fresh produce.
- So mind was blow the other day. Walmart has fresh bakery bread. I had no idea! How awesome is that? Total one stop shopping.
- Your can find Hun’t tomatoes in the canned good isle in the tomatoes section at Walmart.
Tell me, what is one of your favorite quick game day recipes?
Wanna learn more about delicious Hunt’s Tomatoes #YesYouCAN recipes? Click here.