This summer I’ve been experimenting with vegetables on the grill and these grilled carrots with dill and yogurt are my new favorite side dish. I like carrots roasted in the oven so, it’s no surprise that I also like them grilled over an open flame. What takes this recipe from like to love? The feta, dill, and yogurt.
The feta adds salt. The yogurt adds tang. The dill adds fresh. Combined with sweet grilled carrots –it is my new favorite dish of the summer. It’s also super healthy.
Low-fat dairy ✓
Healthy oil ✓
Really you can’t go wrong with grilled carrots with dill and yogurt, but with a little feta…perfection.
You can serve this dish hot off the grill or let the carrots cool down and serve cold or warm as a salad. If you’re a nut or seed lover, you can also add a few toasted sunflower seeds or toasted walnuts.
Grilled Carrots with Dill and Yogurt
- 1 pound carrots, washed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch dill
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Heat grill to a medium flame.
- drizzle olive on carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place carrots on a hot grill for approximately 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- When done, pile into a serving plate top with dill and Greek yogurt.
Try to choose carrots that are equal size and thickness.